Content View Hits:
- Development and conduct of training courses that will address the 2010 Manila Amendments to the International Convention on Standards of Training Certification and Watchkeeping (STCW), cater to both domestic and international shipping company's specific requirements and those that address psycho-social issues and concerns in the maritime industry.
- Conduct of maritime researches in support to policy making and program development on maritime manpower.
- Development of new courses and continuous enhancement of the approaches on the delivery of training for the Professional Development.
- Institutionalization of the Assessment Program towards issuance of Certificate of Proficiency (COP) for the Support Level Shipboard personnel under Chapters II & III of the STCW, as amended.
- Continued Rehabilitation of buildings, structures, and training facilities and equipment damaged/destroyed by typhoon Yolanda.
- Updating of the NMP Quality Management System (QMS) in accordance with latest ISO Standards.
- Enhancement of the accreditation status of the Human Resource Management System towards its improvement under PRIME-HRM of the Civil Service Commission (CSC).
- Continuous improvement to approaches for the implementation of Efficiency and integrity Development Plan and Anti-Red Tape Act initiatives.
- Undertake more aggressive strategies in the implementation of the Agency Communication and Marketing Plan.